Wednesday 22 April 2009

The logical truth

Yesterday, in the afternoon, we drove through very winding country roads to our nearest Eco-ver filling station to refill and replenish our stocks of laundry liquid, fabric conditioner, hand soap, etc.
Despite my resolution not to buy anything 'new' (having talked to a friend who is teaching a course on Business Ethics!), I ended up buying a new (but organic, ethically-made, and fairly traded!) dress for Phoebe.
Because it was a hot day and the shop was selling cold drinks pouches, I also let the children have two of these;


However, the combination of the winding ride back home in a hot car, and fruit smoothie conspired to make Phoebe car sick. But she held on until we got home (bless her!).

Afterwards, when she was sat in the garden feeling sorry for herself, I asked if she would like to put on her new dress, and if that would make her feel better?

She thought about this for a moment, then replied
'I don't think it would make me feel any better..... but it would make me happy.'

1 comment:

Madame Cur said...

What a pretty dress! I love her quote at the end.