Monday 15 February 2010

So, here she is:

Tabitha Kathryn at a few hours old!
It only took a few hours for her name to be abbreviated to Tabby-Kat!
The monobrow is a combination of her actual eyebrow and the forceps marks. Annoyingly, despite a long (22 hours) and mainly gentle labour, I got stuck at 6 cm (A-GAIN!), so we ended up with another Cesarean, and I got another infection, and we had to stay in hospital a-GAIN!
It seems my pelvic shape is triangular, which is called an 'android' pelvis, and can make it hard for a larger, posterior baby to turn during delivery to fit through. Which seems to be why we keep getting stuck in the same situation

Here's Michelle enthusing about spending time with someone less than 24 hours old!
At one day old in her hospital bassinet/fish tank thing.


Grandma and Auntie Sox admiring the newest addition.
By the third day in hospital we'd gone through all the girly baby-gros and she was into Guy's hand-me-down's. This nice blue one has cars on it!

Now, true to her name, the Tabby-Kat spends most of her time eating and dozing in front of the fire!
So, anyway, forgive me for my rather shoddy blogging record recently! I promise to do better!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you're pretty much excused from blogging.

"Android" pelvis? Really?

Both my girls would not turn either, their noses getting stuck on my pelvic bone ... pushed for 2 hours with each, while the nurse reached in and tried to turn. Until finally the doctor came in and forceps for both.

She's a beauty. So sweet. Looking forward to hearing more about her.

IsaP said...

22 hours!!! Wow. My 7 hours were excruciatingly long...can't imagine 22.

Welcome to Tabitha and huge hugs to the whole family.

Isn't

NLS 1993 said...

Ugh, you went through so much!!!

BUT such a prize. She's beautiful!

Congratulations!